Short seminar on taxation trends in dematerialized business models
Online Webinar (In English)
On behalf of International Fiscal Association Polish Branch and Centre of Fiscal Studies – Nicolaus Copernicus University, we would like to invite you to an online webinar titled: “Short seminar on taxation trends in dematerialized business models”.
The online meeting is scheduled for September 20, 2021 (Monday) at 16.30-18.30 and will focus on the following topics:
1. Scope: digital business versus e-commerce
2. International context
- OECD and UN initiatives
- EU proposals
- US approach
3. Comparative overview of unilateral tax provisions in Europe (Italy, France, Poland, Spain, UK) and main issues involved (compatibility with tax treaties, risk of double taxation, deductibility of Web tax for CIT purposes)
4. The OECD approach
- Main features
- Focus on amount A assessment
5. Need to reconcile CIT and VAT digital taxation?
6. Pillar 2
The following speakers have been invited:
- Mr Marco Adda, partner at BonelliErede
- Ms Zoe Andrews, PSL Counsel and Head of Tax Knowledge at Slaughter and May
- Mr Nathaniel Carden, Partner at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Prof. Krzysztof Lasiński-Sulecki, Centre of Fiscal Studies
- Dr Emmanuel Llinares, Managing Director at Nera Economic Consulting
- Prof. Morales Rilo Miguel Alejandro, partner at Uría Menéndez Abogados, S.L.P.
- Mr Michał Nowacki, Attorney-at-law, Tax adviser, Partner, Wardyński & Partners
- Mr Stefano Simontacchi, partner and President of BonelliErede
- Mr Przemysław Szymczyk, Director of the Tax System Department at the Ministry of Finance in Poland
Mr Adam Trawiński, Deputy Director of Tax System Department at the Ministry of Finance in Poland.
The webinar will be held in English. Participation in the event is free, but registration is required under the following link: Register